Thursday, March 4, 2010

Turf School Day Thirty-Six

Today was great. We have a disease lab where we look for diseases through microscopes and learn more about the diseases we were taught in our turf disease class. Because the number of microscopes we have for class is limited, the class is split into two groups. My group had the early session so after our early class, we took a 2.5 hour lunch before our next class. It was nice to go home, watch some tv, and have a nice lunch.
After lunch we returned to school and had a class on landscape management. We took a quiz in this class and it was weird. The quiz had 20 questions and we were to use a 28 word-word bank to answer the questions. The words in the word bank were very different than the words i would have used to describe each situation, so it took me a little while to do the quiz. Luckily I only missed one question. While the teacher was going over the quiz, he would basically accept any answer. So I do not know why we were even given a quiz if every answer was the right one.
After class I invited a classmate and his wife over for dinner. It was the guys birthday and his first birthday away from home. I remember my first birthday away from all my family on my mission, so I wanted to make this a good day for him. We had cubed steak, mashed potatoes, and english peas.
When dinner was over I made a study guide for our turf disease final. OUr teacher gave us a pdf that was about 143 pages that we were supposed to use to prepare for the turf disease and pest management classes. I read through the past test he included and made one single copy for our class. Hopefully everyone will work to get it filled out and we can all do well on our final exam.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to make pasta??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good friend you are. I can't believe finals are almost here for you. Wish you could be here with all of us. Good luck in the next couple weeks. We love you.

    ReplyDelete