Thursday, March 11, 2010

Turf School Day Forty-One

We started our day with our botany final. The final was scheduled for next wednesday, but we were supposed to take all the tests (3) for the classes taught by that instructor in a 2 hour time period. We discussed it with him during class and he told us we could vote on taking the final early and we did. I think I did fairly well on the exam. Since I have been here at Rutgers I have really been working hard to get good grades, and it is aggravating when I screw up. I was talking with a friend about it, he is probably the top student, and he told me he treated class like a contest against himself. He wanted to exceed his expectations all the time.
After our botany final we had a landacape management class in which we discussed planting trees and making planting beds. We also discussed proper pruning techniques and why pruning trees is necessary.
Our last class was an irrigation presentation put on by a TORO supplier. He came down from Long Island and taught us about how a sprinkler works. It was interesting to see cut-away sprinklers to see exactly how the pressure changes in the head to both turn on and off the water.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have to make up the class that was cancelled due to the snow??

    ReplyDelete