Friday, January 15, 2010

Turf School Day Eight

This morning we had our first quiz in Soils. The teacher is a nice lady, but as we went over our answers today she seemed like she was giving us answers that were contrary to what she taught us in class. After our quiz we went over more information about the soil horizons and how they are formed. This class will be interesting, because the things I learned at bYu are different than what I am learning now. I am going to ask her if what I know will be sufficient for her tests, or if I need to relearn "her" terms for the definitions on tests. All the information is the same, but she uses different terms to describe the same definitions.
We had our Golf Course Construction class today. We went over contours and contour lines. We also went over the proper use of an engineering scale. I thought that I knew how to use the scale, but we were rushed through a homework assignment that the majority of the class wanted to do in class instead of at home.
We ended the day with Turf Identification. The class will be helpful, but the teacher is not very interesting. I now all the turf names, now I need to put to memory different identification characteristics for each turf type.

1 comment: