Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Turf School Day Fifteen

Another day in the concrete jungle. That is how I feel at times. Today we had class at the Cook Campus Center. It kind of makes it feel like we are going to a college, being around the full-time students.
This morning we started our day off learning about fir and spruce trees. After we learned about 12 new trees, we took a short walk around to look at a few of the trees in the wild.
We then had several presentations by classmates about their summer experiences. It was enjoyable to listen to a few of the guys talk about theri experiences and to see their courses.
We ended the class talking about starter fertilizer blends and how much fertilizer needs to be applied to different areas and at what frequencies.

Well I have not heard from any of the courses I applied to in Boise. I have an interview coming up with a course here in New Jersey. It is supposed to be a nice course, the 5th best in the state, but it is not a "big" name course. I also applied to the Lewiston Golf and Country Club for an assistant superintendent position. I am trying to get some interviews so I have a few options when I get out of school.

Happy Birthday Judi! I know it is tomorrow, I hope you have a great day.

I am excited for the BIGGEST game in bYu basketball history. I hope we can shut down the aztecs and send them back to california as losers.

1 comment:

  1. GO COUGARS!!! Good luck in your up coming intervies, sorry though, that you haven't heard from any in boise :(

    ReplyDelete