Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pressing Flowers

For one of my classes we have an assignment of pressing flowers. (20 perennials and 20 annuals) I am not really sure when the assignment is due, but I decided to get started before the plants all die. It has actually been a fun process, a lot more fun than I thought it would be. The process consists of harvesting the flowers. I brought the flowers home and cut up a bunch of cardboard. I then put down some cardboard, a sheet of newspaper, the flower, then another sheet of newspaper, and then another layer of cardboard.... Repeat, Repeat, Repeat.... Then on Friday I have to replace the newspaper sheets to prevent the flowers from molding. Soon I have to go back and try to identify all the flowers that I have harvested so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment