Thursday, February 3, 2011

Turf School Day Twenty-Two

Today was crazy! We had a "snow" day yesterday so today we had to make up several lectures worth of class in two periods. We had three quizzes this morning followed by three lectures about tree borers... class was boring, filled with a lot of information that was similar.

After lunch we had our soils class. Todays lecture was on the pH of soils. We talked about what factors affect pH and how we as turf managers can raise or lower the pH. This is important information, unfortunately it cannot be presented in a more exciting manner.



In other news, today was my interview at Ridgecrest Golf Course in Nampa, Idaho. I set the interview up last week, and I had discussed the idea of traveling out to Boise for a face to face interview. An hour after the first call, they called back and said I could do the interview over the phone. So today at 3:30 I gave my best attempt at answering questions the right way in order to get my next job. I think I did a good job and the interviewer thought I did as well. I hope it all works out and I should know by the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment